Wednesday 12 November 2014

Hi Everyone this is the next layout I am sharing with you . I taught this  background technique as a class at Shazz and Al's Retreat in July . I love this technique it is versatile and looks different very time I use it and it is so easy to do .

So to start off with I covered a piece of chipboard in modelling paste . Don't smooth it out as you want texture so the more lumpy bumpy the better . Dry this off .When I do this technique I do several at once and leave them to dry in the sun . Then I have some for another day but if your impatient you can use a heat tool. After it had dried , I added more texture paste that I coloured with some ink.


When that was dry I sprayed some mists over it and dried them . Next I got happy with my stamps and stamped with stazon ink. Any type of stamp is good to add stamped texture as you can see I have used a ladies face stamp on the left hand side of this photo .Once that was completed I used some plain modelling paste threw a stencil to add even more texture.This is a good step to use if you feel you have loud spots you can tame it down a bit with the texture paste .


I added a few strips of builders tape here and there .You can see in this pic on the left hand side I have used a ladies face stamp again  .


When I was happy with how it was looking I added strips of paper that co ordinated with the coloured ink  I had used . I layered some of these strips with foam mounting tape .I added a few bits at the bottom for balance .

I wanted to add a bit of glamour to the page so I added some mica flakes here and there . You could use glitter in this step as well or embossing powder . I added some rub ons randomly .


Once I was happy with all those steps it was time to add a photo and some embellishments. I added some charms and flowers .


I find the most common mistake people make when adding charms and embellishments is they spread them to far apart . You want your embellishments to not only touch but to overlap each other, as this helps to make them appear as one big embellishment rather than lots of smaller individual ones .



Once again I hope you enjoyed having a look and Ill add some more photos using this back ground technique. Until then stay safe and happy crafting .

No comments:

Post a Comment